Registration is currently closed.
When it opens, please register using using our Pasture submission system at https://www.hillside.net/europlop/europlop2023/submission/
Please make sure to fill out the billing address.
|Early-bird Registration||1. June 2023 (author registration deadline)||1111 €|
|Late Registration||22. June 2023||1234 €|
The EuroPLoP conference fee covers all cost for the conference, the accommodation (from Wednesday 5.7 until Sunday 9.7), and the wonderful Kloster Irsee food and drinks.
Preparation for the Conference
When does the conference start?
- The registration opens on Wednesday 5.7.2023 at 14:30, when you will be able to check into your room, get a nice coffee and get ready for the welcome session and the demo workshop starting at 16:00.
When does the conference end?
- The conference ends on Sunday 9.7.2023 morning, when you will be able to enjoy an excellent breakfast before checking out and saying goodbye. The closing session will be held on Saturday at 18:00.
What to do?
- Print out the papers of your workshop group (before the conference you will receive an e-mail with information about your workshop group).
- Read all the papers in your workshop group carefully (and perhaps multiple times). "Carefully" means that you should understand the papers and be able to give constructive feedback. Write your notes regarding suggestions for improvement on the printed papers. Write legibly, because you'll need these notes for yourself to give feedback on the papers during the Writer's Workshop and you'll hand the papers with your notes written on them to the authors after the Writer's workshop.
- The Pattern Language on how to Review Scientific Papers provides some hints on how to come up with constructive suggestions for improvement.
- Do not prepare a presentation for your paper. There are no presentations at EuroPLoP (with or without Powerpoint). Your paper will be actually read and discussed by the other authors, who will provide your with their invaluable honest feedback.
What to bring?
- Bring all your notes and the printed papers in your workshop group (please really have the papers and notes printed, and not just in electronic form).
- Check the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothes - four days of rain at 15°C are as likely as four days of sunshine at 30°C.
- Bring casual clothes. During the conference usually everybody wears casual clothes. At the conference banquet some people dress up, some don't. You can dress up for the banquet, or you can wear casual clothes there as well.
- Bring a swimming costume in case you would like to go swimming in the lake which is nearby.
- Bring toys, card games, riddles and songs for evening sessions in the bar.
- Do not bring any electronic devices - you won't need them anyway.